** PATTERN ** Basketcase Beanie
*** This is a pdf download - you will not be sent a physical product **
Another classic beanie with simple texture.
A fabulous chunky knit that works up in a couple of hours and will suit nearly every knitworthy person on your knit list.
Be sure to read all of the ‘Notes’ section before you get started. You’ll find tips on colour choice, adjusting size and formatting tips.
Knit in the round from the bottom up, this beanie features a ribbed brim and a basketweave texture.
The pattern is fully written with handy progress check boxes, so you can keep a visual track of where you are. Tick them off as you go and give yourself a high five when you check off the last one.
• 95g of chunky (samples were made using Malabrigo Chunky but any similar gauge chunky will work nicely).
• 5.5mm (US9) and 6mm (US10) circular needles, 16 inch/40cm or longer with magic loop (or size
required to obtain gauge).
• 6mm (US10) dpn’s for decrease if not using magic loop.
• Beginning of round marker
• Tapestry needle (for sewing those dreaded ends in).
• Just your basics … cast on, knit, purl and knit/purl 2 together.
• The ability to disguise the smugness as you knit up a bunch of these for all the knitworthy heads on your gift list in just a couple of days.
I can’t wait to see your Beanie so please do be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook (@beanieboat).